TESOL, Inc's CALL Interest Section
ELECTRONIC VILLAGE ONLINE Voice Portal
- This Alado.net portal allows voice over the Internet
and text chat, as well as Web page and presentation sharing. It is designed
to allow both Windows and MAC Operating Systems to collaborate with
each other in live sessions.
- The e-collaboration portal also allows participants
access to recordings of a session for follow-up later.
- To take part in a voice chat, you will need:
- A recent Windows OS or Mac OS X
- A headset or microphone and earphone
- Mac users can use their external speakers, but
need a microphone
- To access the EVO webcast portal enter your
name or your location in the space provided, no
password is required.
- If this is your first time using this portal, you will
be asked to accept a software download, a java
applet, onto your Internet Explorer Browser, please say
yes and accept the applet which allows you to access all
the features of the portal.
- If you are a first time user or occasional guest enter
your last name, no password is required. A second smaller login screen
will appear at which time re-enter your name again and simply click
enter, no password is required there either.