"Freedom & Future Dreams in Different Cultures"
A Collaborative Skype Worldbridges Project for EFL Learners
in Argentina & Kuwait
by Webhead EFL Instructors, Rita
Zeinstejer, in Argentina and Buthaina
Al-Othman, in Kuwait
August 10 - 22, 2005
This is an interactive , collaborative 3-phase blended project, by a
group of learners, comprising EFL students and teachers from Argentina
and Kuwait. During phase 1, participants meet asynchronously to get to
know each other, using text or sound files, posted to CAE
2005 blog. During Phase 2, participants will write short paragraphs
on the topic, "Freedom & Future Dreams in Different Cultures", and
post them to the blog. Then, they read each other's
paragraphs and post their comments to theone they choose. In the final
Phase 3, participants will synchronously meet at skype.com, to conduct their oral presentations.
They can use ideas and expressions already written in their paragraphs
published on the blog. The live and online skyped session will be recorded
and webcast on WorldBridges LiveWire!
Week 1: Aug 10 - 16 - Getting to know each other
- Write and post your self-introduction paragraph to CAE 2005 blog. Include your name,
age, hobbies, and favorite sport, food, and music if you wish.
- Think of some dreams you really want to achieve but you know you are
unable due to cultural obstacles.
- The purpose of the practice session is to hear each other's voice,
to test the program, and to check the setting of the audio and voice
drivers on our computers.
Week 2: Aug 17 - 22 - Preparing Students' Skype--Presentations
- First practice session at Skype.com will be held on Wednesday, August
17 at 18:00 GMT
- Write a short paragraph to describe your hopes for the future and
the cultural difficulties, preventing you from fulfilling your future.
- You could add ideas or advice to the next generation on ways to overcome
these problems, craeted by your culture.
- Post your paragraph to CAE
- Read one or two paragraphs posted by other participants to CAE 2005 blog.
- Post comments to the paragraph (s) you read. Please be nice and and
gentle and try to post constructive comments to each other.
Week 1 | Week 2
CAE 2005 blogspot.com
Students present the final activities live online through webcasting
hosted by Worldbridges.com,
(Monday, Aug 22, @ 18:00 GMT).