Instructor: Buthaina Al Othman
Grammar & Voice Activity
- The following sentences are included in
a dialogue from the movie, My Cousin Vinny.
- Rewrite these sentences, using the correct
grammar form of Standard English.
- Indicate what verb tenses are used in each
sentence.(Print out this worksheet to write your answers and then hand
it to me).
After you sentences are checked out by
me, do the following:
- You're actin' like you're nervous.
- Well, yeah, I am.
- You wanna know what I'm nervous about?
- My biological clock is tickin' like this.
- The way this case is goin', I ain't never
- I've got a judge that's just achin' to throw
me in jail.
- I ain't slept in five days.
- Click here
to go to the movie sound page,and
then, scroll down and click to listen to the audio file named
- You and your partner, take turns and practice
saying the sentences in their Standard English form, a number of times.
- When you think you are ready, record your
answers in your own voices, using Advanced MP3/Wav Recorder,(go to
download the recorder).
- Save your voice file on your floppy disk,
and then send it to me, using attachment via an email message.(Don't forget
to write your names on your email message).
Copyright©2003 Buthaina Al Othman