Fall 2003 (Last updated: 3/24/04)
Instructor: Buthaina Al Othman
The First Step Toward Distance
Intorduction to Computer Mediated
Communication, (CMC) Tools
Synchronous and Asynchronous
- During this course you are going to
learn/explore new and different ways of Live on-line communication,
using some tools, which you may have used or still using.
- One of the main objectives of
using CMC is, of course, to improve your English:
- Synchronous Text, Voice, &
Video Chat / Conference tools:
- How to use Text, Voice, & Video
Chat / Conference facilities, effectively, at Yahoo Messenger.
Yahoo Messenger, and then create your YM ID.
- How to use text-chat and drawing
facilities at Group Board.
(See Previous Students Chat Projects).
- How to become a discoverer or an
- How to record your voice and save
it on your pc or a floopy disk and then, publish it on your home
- Web-casting: this means Joining
a Virtual Classroom session, where we can use text, voice, and view
projected webpages on a board or a whiteboard.
(I will see if we can use any of
the vClassrooms, below, on September2003). (Yes we can, on Dec.7,
- Asynchronous Text & Voice
- How to use Yahoo
Group. (See Students Previous Projects).
- Voice Email Messages.You can a voice
email message, it available at Learning
- (Wimba is not free anymore).
to 162 CALL Program
© 2003 Buthaina Al Othman